[BUG] 3.1Alpha Adding IV to Morph

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 28 15:12:57 UTC 2001

I just tried it with 3.0 and 3.1alpha (but without all new updates --
I'm loading them now), without a crash (also on a Mac -- G3 PB,
9.0.4, with 3.0Alpha6MT VM):
- Go to Supplies and pull out an EllipseMorph
- Bring up a halo on the EllipseMorph and open its viewer.
- Click on the button to the left of the "Ellipse" name to bring up a
menu, and choose "Add instance variable."
- Type "velocity" into the pop-up

It does pause for a good while, but then it's there and workable.
Dan -- could it be a low space problem?  I've had running out of
memory cause weird things to happen in the past.

The bug I'm currently working on is in the Play Writing Workbench.
Besides the HeadMorphs being too large (which is annoying, but just
cosmetic), I'm having a problem with the script entry area.  I'm just
using a PluggableTextMorph, but I'm finding that the cursor gets lost
after every keystroke.
- Click at the end of the text area, and the cursor appears.
- Type one character
- The cursor disappears
- Type a second character and it appears at the TOP of the text morph

To get text into the script area, I currently have to do
click-type-click-type-etc.  It did work fine under 2.8 -- can anyone
suggest where I might look to how PluggableTextMorphs changed under
3.0?  Thanks!

Mark