Little problems in the 3.0 gamma

Mike Rutenberg mdr at scn.org
Wed Feb 14 14:38:59 UTC 2001

I have been playing around with gamma.  It is really nice!  Great work
by everyone!

There are a few minor things which might be fixed if there is time.
These are (interestingly!) all in the Games project...

(1) The CipherPanel has a button called "quote from Squeak", which I
assume is old.  If you click on it you get a walk back.  If you create a
new CipherPanel it is no longer there.

(2) The CipherPanel sometimes lays itself out incorrectly.  I create a
new CipherPanel and place it at the RIGHT of the screen.  I enter a new
cipher with the text "Mike is a pain in the butt in this sort of thing".
 The layout is incorrect, with the buttons sticking way out to the left
of the panel.  If I move it (or create a new one) at the LEFT of the
screen, and reenter the text, then the layout looks nice.  (picture is
attached)

(3) ToothPaste example text.  The "HOW TO STOP" pop-up window does not
make sense for a German keyboard: to end I need to hold down the "Strg"
button while clicking the mouse.  Unfortunately, saying that will make
it complicated to read.  (By the way: how do I create such clickable
text?)

(4) I may be wrong, but the ToothPaste results don't look so good as
back in the good old days.  Has something changed, maybe with BitBlt?

Mike