[BUG] Low Space problem in 3.0 (and 3.1.3696)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Feb 24 23:54:38 UTC 2001

All,

It is perhaps regrettable that we do not have better error handling when low space happens, but as it could happen just about anywhere, it may be a difficult problem to deal with neatly.

One item of note: loading and publishing projects does have significant memory requirements as there is often the project in question, a version of it more amenable to streaming (requiring often more space than the project itself) and other overhead involved in converting from one to another. My advice is simply to increase the memory allocated to Squeak as a way around this.

Cheers,
Bob