mac 68K browser plugin (need?)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Feb 17 04:34:34 UTC 2001

I've spend a few hours tinkering with a 68K version of the browser
plugin for Internet Explorer 4.01.

Anyone here need this plugin?

PS You  need to use the mini image to run it, attempting to load a
10MB image on your 16MB 68K mac is asking for trouble.

It's not quite ready yet a little issue with the mathlib exists, but
I'm curious about the need for it?

PS In doing this I discovered two bugs in the 3.x 68K code which is
triggered under the right conditions at startup time. This will be
rolled into the 3.0.6 Mac VM. Apparently the conditions were not
right when I was running the VM as a 68K CFM application in my lab,
although some of you have told me the 3.0x series of VM  doesn't work
on your 68K machines, and until today I couldn't figure out why.
Right now I've proof of the bug, but not proof that the new VM works.
I've email 6 or so of you a candidate to test.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6