MajorShrink and MorphicShrink

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Tue Feb 6 22:17:26 UTC 2001

A system which would useful for me would be

- An ui which doesn't eat up processor cycles, even if it runs weeks or
months without restarting it
- Network support but no network tools like IRC, Web, etc but with remote
telnet access(!)
- Browsers, inspector, debugger, but no message finder, explorer
- No sound, speach, no 3d-graphics, no play-with-mes
- No telemorphic, nebraska whatsoever
- No games, no example applications
- No DSA, no serial port support, no HTML stuff
- No world net support
- No VM source, no slang compiler
- No FFI examples, no sunit examples

It would also be critical that no file or network error is shown in a
dialog box but correctly throws a runtime exception.

For 2.8/2.9a I tried to create such a system (and also wrote about the
problems on this list) but some changes didn't make it into the image (some
did).

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \\ Truth Until Paradox