Plugin Installers

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Feb 25 19:29:08 UTC 2001

>Worked on Swedish mac os 8.6 and Communicator 4.74
>The easy install did not locate my browser. Is it set to IE as default ?
>But hen I choosed custom install and netscape it worked just fine :-)

It should have located the browser. I should point out that I was
responsible for doing the mac installer, (but not the javascript). So
at the point where you click on the installer plugin application and
it doesn't work, then I'm responsible for fixing that. If you all can
report problems early before Disney say informs a couple of 100,000
people of this web site this would be a good thing.

For the easy install it attempts to find both netscape and IE. Sorry
no iCab, or Opera, mind feedback on this decision might be welcome.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6