3.0gamma files available on UIUC

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Tue Feb 13 13:14:05 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> We have tried to liven up the starting screen a bit, and any testing will be well appreciated.  The code is definitely in gamma state now (equivalent to the recent 3.0 updates).  The text and examples are bound to require a last round of tweaking, and we hope to develop a couple of good shrink scripts to go along with the release.

The cipher panel does not work. Its characters are not identical to the characters in the image, introducing 27 new character objects. This is a Bad Thing :-)
Probably that happened when the panel was loaded from a .morph file?
You can fix it by executing
    originalMorphs do: [:each | each setLetter: (Character value: each letter asInteger)]
in an inspector of the panel.
In addition, the "quote from Squeak" button gives a MNU: squeakCipher.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin