How to recover a hosed image?

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue Feb 13 22:39:49 UTC 2001

>Any suggestions for getting my image back? Give up and poke through the
>changes?

I've done this kind of thing, but one has to be really motivated.  What I did once was to load the image into the InterpreterSimulator (takes time and space).  Then you write do-its to find the oop of the class in question, then you enumerate its instances looking for one with sumborphs==nil.  Then you patch it and write the image back out.  It would likely take a day to do it.  If you found it amusing, then you would probably leave a bunch of valueable tools behind, but otherwise I'd fall back on the changes file.

	- Dan