[enh] filelist iv (multicolumn list, drag n drop, fixed panes, better buttons)

Stephan B. Wessels stephan.wessels at sdrc.com
Wed Feb 7 14:28:43 UTC 2001

Let's try it this time from Netscape....

I'm trying really hard to stay in Celeste for Squeak related activities and seem to be
seeing problems.  Here's the attachment and original message again.  Thanks for the
feedback.

 - Steve

Please find attached the compressed change set
        file list IV.06Feb2147.cs.gz

This adds the following capability to V3.0 + V3.1a:
    1.  The buttons pane and pattern entry pane use the new fixed pane height scheme.
    2.  The buttons show state where appropriate.
    3.  The file list uses the new multi column list morph to show nicer column layouts.
    4.  Drag and drop support to copy and move files from the file list to the volume list
(including a volume list in another file list browser) is provided.  Note that move
capability needs to be tested more fully.  Also, the
dropping of directories onto directories is "stubbed out" and not operational.  It does
nothing.
    5.  There's a new "general" preference: #askForDropChoiceInFileList to control copy vs
move.  If true, the user will be asked if the dropped item in FileList4 should be copied
or moved.  If false, no question is
asked and it's assumed to be a copy operation.  The default operation is to not ask and do
a copy operation.