Native GUI Squeak?

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Sat Feb 17 09:35:03 UTC 2001

> From: Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com>

 That's only a framework for getting bits to display on other
surfaces. What
> people seem to want to do is to use the UI *widgets* from other
places, not
> just have external windows.
>
> Unfortunately, most of these widgets are in the form of external C
(gtk) or
> C++ (qt) libraries; someone would have to write a plugin or
something that
> would provide access to these.

Well, the plugin to get stuff to display is only the first part.
The second part is getting user interaction from these widgets back
into the image.  The new event stuff offers some hope in that
direction, after all, only four or five of about 4 billion different
event-types have been used up yet ;-)

I haven't gotten around to it, but one of the things on my to-do
list is a "send message to squeak object" event.

Marcel