New 3.0 gamma image available for test

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Feb 15 14:58:32 UTC 2001

Dan> Folks -
Dan> I have just put out a new gamma image.

Dan> This includes
Dan> 	Latest bug fixes
Dan> 	Larger thumbnail of examples
Dan> 	New sound and speech project
Dan> 	Project zoom enabled
Dan> 	Close and collapse buttons fixed
Dan> 	SqueakEasy ref changed to FinalFrontier
Dan> 	Cipher characters fixed
Dan> 	EToy background fixed.

Dan> It's available as
Dan> 	Squeak3.0gamma2.image.gz
Dan> 	Squeak3.0gamma2.changes.gz
Dan> and
Dan> 	Squeak3.0gamma2.sea.bin
Dan> on the 3.0 directory at UIUC,
Dan> 	ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.0/

Dan> Thanks for all your testing.

Dan> 	- Dan

This image won't run with the Mac 3.0Alpha5 VM through the 3.1 update
stream.  It first asks me if I want to become an alpha tester, I say
yes.  I then select updates again, and it hangs hard at 3519 (after
starting at 3501).  By hard, I mean it isn't yielding events anywhere,
even if I was running it in the background.  I have to ctrl-apple-ESC
it to get control back.

MacOS 9.0.4, Pismo powerbook, 384MB

At least it's not getting to the type-2 error spot. :)

What should I try next?  What more can I tell you?