`just slow it`....

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Sun Feb 11 12:33:56 UTC 2001

> From: "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu>
>
> Marcel Weiher <marcel at metaobject.com> wrote:
> > - The world menu appears after 2-3 seconds, sometimes not at all.
> Wow!  I haven't seen anything like this.

I am pretty sure that there were two factors involved:

1.	delays somehow getting magnified
2.	processEvent thinking it was behind (due to 1) and tossing events

(1) ist still there, I think, but a lot of delays seem to have been
taken out, so it isn't as much of a problem any more.  (2) is now
fixed, the corresponding code in processEvents seems to have been
tossed itself.

> > - Hitting close-boxes on windows also has a significant delay
>
> Well, that *is* a big graphics update.

The delay was independent of it actually performing the close.

[needing to hit it twice]

> Wierd, never seen that.

Now seems to be fixed due to the event-tossing having been removed.

> In short, what you describe is terrible, but it's certainly not
> necessary!  I'm using a 366Mhz machine and slow graphics support, and
> I'm not seeing anything like it.

I am pretty sure it's not a classical 'performance' problem at all.

Marcel