"Rio Ancho " - Paco de Lucia

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Wed Feb 21 21:26:02 UTC 2001

At 12:18 21.02.2001 -0300, Gerardo Richarte wrote:
>Now I'm reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson where he mentions
>something named Van Heck phreaking (I guess it's his invention).

I don't know anything about Van Heck, but I've read about phreaking in the
news recently.  This is a term that was used by the media to describe people
who obtain illegal telephone numbers and use them for free & for mischief.
:-)

As I understand it, phone phreakers are telephone hackers.

Cheers,

---==> Chris