Missing routines for 3.0 Unix VM: what's the status?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Thu Feb 8 21:32:23 UTC 2001

At 19:47 07.02.01 -0800, Ned Konz wrote:

>Did you generate from a *recent* 3.0 image (i.e. with changes up to 3446)?
>Some of these come from the Security plugin which was recently added.

I see.  No, I used the 3.0 image out of the box (w/ cs #3414).

>How do I do that?

Make sure that there's no #define USE_INTERNAL_IMAGE in sqXWindow.c

>You've got a point there. I can't find anywhere where the value for that
>semaphore is actually used (it's tested repeatedly, but not used as
>anything more than a flag).

I the meantime, John (I think) explained why it wasn't needed to actually
signal the semaphore and still the Mac event code is correctly working.

 >[...]
>It does seem odd, since it returns 1 at that point.

Yeah, a failure (return 0) would have been better I think.

>in sq.h, there's sqMouseEvent, sqKeyboardEvent, and sqDragDropFilesEvent.

I see. So no events for iconifying or closing the window?  Too bad.

bye
--
My eyes adapted to the darkness... finally I can see clearly now