Convention regarding exceptions

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 1 00:54:59 UTC 2001

I've tried the latest (3193) image on a jitter3.11d VM on MacOS to see
what happens with the exception unwinding fixes.

So far, I can't actually make any useful tests because 'ExceptionTester
new runAllTests' blows the system away. The stderr file produced
complains about
::SqueakCompiler:PcMap.h: in 'unsigned int PcMap::n2vPC(unsigned int *)
const'
::SqueakCompiler:PcMap.h:88: nPC=0x166AA68 not found in map'

If I load my code, it doesn't blow away, but it does get into an
infinite loop in the signalFromHandlerAction test. Clearly something is
not quite right in either case.

Can anyone run 'ExceptionTester new runAllTests' on any jitter vm and
get the expected, or any, results?

tim
Useful random insult:- So dumb, he faxes face up.