Preliminary release of Squeak3.0 available for test

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Feb 5 23:25:13 UTC 2001

>The preference for "mvcProjectsAllowed" has been set to off. Checking it on
>again restores the previous 'open mvc project' options. You DO have to change
>this option, as any doIt will bump into that option and refuse to open an mvc
>project.

Mea culpa here.  It was not my intention to suppress MVC access in the 3.0 release (of all the things I could have screwed up, I think I picked a pretty benign one ;-).  We'll fix this with the first spate of updates.

If you are wondering when that will happen...

Bob Arning has graciously offered to help assemble the various bug-fixes and other suggestions relating to Squeak 3.0, and Ted Kaehler and Michael Rueger are fashioning a new update server out of whole cloth.  This is actually a good thing -- we should have done it months ago.  My guess is that we should have a first round of fixes out for you to try tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the great testing.

	- dan