Smalltalk in an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle - Demo

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Fri Feb 23 12:43:55 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let the list know that my demo proposal "Smalltalk in an
Autonomous Underwater Vehicle" has been accepted, so I will be presenting
it at Smalltalk Solutions in April.

I will be giving an overview of AUV technology, and then dive right into
MicroSeeker and what I have been doing. I'll show Pic/Smalltalk, and talk
about the autonomous controller I have written in Squeak, and of course
show MicroSeeker on the bench, hooked up to either my laptop or the Helio
if I can get the serial port working, with real-time sensor feedback and
control of the motors and stuff.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com