Order! Order in the ...

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu Feb 8 09:32:12 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> Being a test pilot (3.1alpha right now) is SUPPOSED to be unstable.  If it's
> not, it's not working.  Don't follow the latest alpha if you want stability.

There is a flaw in this logic, which is that bug fixes are _also_ released
into this stream. I remember having to write around a certain alternative
syntax just because I needed some fixes.

So in essence, to have bug fixes for essential functionality, one needs to
be a test pilot, which generates a lot of problems.

Sometimes a few bug fixes would be released amidst a hunderd or so
experimental-code change sets. (Around the latter part of last year.)

This needs a remedy.

Henrik