Mac 3.0 benchmarks

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Feb 8 00:27:05 UTC 2001

Aaron,

What is your preference setting for #higherPerformance? If I have the fast drag window option ON, then higher performance ON makes for really sluggish behavior. Turning #higherPerformance OFF in this case makes the outline run like a bat out of hell. There are a couple of places in morphic (the color picker being another) which work in more MVC-like ways for which #higherPerformance is actually a handicap. That said, I live with higherPerformance ON, never use the fast drag and have learned to live with the funkiness of the color picker.

Cheers,
Bob (G3 400)