emacs and squeak, again...

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Wed Feb 21 03:57:57 UTC 2001

  Hello,

> Thanks, Yoshiki. Yes, you're right, a lot of what I want to do could be done
> in elisp using emacs as the platform, but then I have no way to tie in nice
> gui components, which seems a shame in the 21st century. I've thought about
> using gnuserv, I don't know if that will be flexible enough to be really
> usable. "Reimplement the whole thing" -- I'm not sure what you mean. Emacs?

  I believe that Squeakers typically edit multiple methods,
browsing other methods and using Workspaces in parallel.
So, I have to say simple "one-by-one model" using gnuserv
might not be nice enough.

  And yes, what I meant was to implement the Emacs-like
editor in Squeak.  Sounds good?

  Hope this helps,

  -- Yoshiki