[BUG][3.0] Extracting flashCharacter from swf film & more

Wiebe Baron wiebe at cosmocows.com
Fri Feb 16 14:08:58 UTC 2001

Grabbing a flashCharacter from a .swf film under 3.0 causes erratic halo
behavior usually followed by a frozen image on my system. This is under
windows 2000, images 2.8 & 2.9 behave correctly.

Another interesting bug (also on 2.8 & 2.9) appears when embedding any morph
in a 'FlashCharaterMorph'. The Morph becomes tiny and also behaves badly (as
far as positioning goes)... My guess is that it's related to the
'FlashCharacterMorph's submorph 'FlashShapeMorph' which seems to be living
in it's own (huge) coordinate system...

Finally, embedding the Morph in the 'FlashShapeMorph' rather then the
'FlashCharacterMorph' by mistake locks both, never to be freed again. This
may have been addressed in 3.0, my FlashMorphs don't hang around long enough
for me to tell ;-)