Project layout

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 27 13:09:44 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
> > When a project is loaded in a different size that it was created
> > it often crops stuff off or leave stuff in the upper left corner
> > depending on size of the user screen. Is there a way to
> > layout the project so it scales resonably on diffrent screen sizes?
> >

> Switch to 2000x2000 displays and start drawing with centimeters instead
> of pixels.  You can get an idea of what this would be like by viewing
> PDF.  Whether you love or hate the way PDF files end up looking on your
> machine is a good indicator of whether you think your hardware is enough
> for this.  If you have less than 4 million pixels, I'm guessing you'll
> think it sucks, but one day...
>
> In the meantime, it's hard.  :)

Pardon my negativity, but that doesn't solve the issue at all.  It
just moves the problem from screens of different pixel extents to
screens of different physical sizes.  So even with the high resolution
and scaling graphics, it's still hard.  (Not that the scaling graphics
doesn't have benefits in other areas, of course.)

-Jesse