[QUESTION?] Siren on windows NT?

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Fri Feb 2 11:16:16 UTC 2001

At 11:16 02.02.2001 +0100, Hand Baveco wrote:
>   I downloaded the Siren package (2.8 image, changes and sources) and
>installed it on NT.
>   It looks great, but the MIDI driver apparantly doesnot work when
>called from Siren methods

Grab
<http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Helge.Horch/squeak/SirenSqueak-built.zip>
(197 KB)

and run the Siren 2.8 image with the VM therein, then file in the
Fronkenshteen changeset.

>Am I supposed to install an additional plug-in?

Yes, if it existed (for win32).  What my patch above does is to emulate the
SirenMIDIPlugin with the builtin MIDIPlugin primitives.

> From the documentation I understood that it should work with the standard
>windows VM & primitives (using the latest 24/5/2000 VM).

I think I read that too, but I guess the doc is wrong.  ;-)

BTW, you might be interested in the separate "Squeak-and-Siren-and-Music"
mailing list, see