[GOODIE] Dandelion (0.4 final)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jan 9 21:30:45 UTC 2001

On Sunday 07 January 2001 00:42, Masashi Umezawa wrote:

> Dandelion -Smalltalk code analysis/output framework- is updated to be 0.4.
> (Long sneak preview ended at last).

This is very cool! Imagine a way to analyze your (or anyone else's) code
in a variety of ways (including using type inference), and then outputting
the result as HTML, Rational Rose, or SIF.

It makes great browseable HTML output, and you can change the CSS
to change its appearance.

I haven't figured out all the various ways to run it yet, though there are
examples.

I'd love to see a HOWTO (I would volunteer, but I'm beginning a new
project that's already over-schedule); anyone want to write one?

And this is a good example of clean OO design, as well; it can serve
as an example for large projects.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA