bug report, mainly pointer size

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Jan 16 17:50:32 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have a VM where the GlobalMemory and Interpreter are actually real
Objective-C objects, generated by a special Objective-C
code-generator, therefore eliminating the global variables.

The plugin-generator hasn't been adapted yet, so various necessary
primitives aren't working, but otherwise it seems OK.

As Objective-C constructs map 1:1 to equivalent C (Objective-C used
to be implemented as a *simple* pre-processor), it shouldn't be too
difficult to create a subclass of this translator that also
incorporates the "Objective-C -> C" translation phase, though of
course gcc handles Objective-C out of the box.

Maybe that would be a starting point.

Regards,

Marcel