AW: Squeak and the thing GUI

Juan Manuel Vuletich jmvuletich at sinectis.com.ar
Mon Jan 8 22:21:16 UTC 2001

Hi Hans

"Hans N. Beck" wrote:

> It's probably not too hard to accomplish, but it doesn't sound like
> something Squeak Central would want to spend time on.  I imagine that
> when you spend time thinking about computers of the future, it's hard to
> step back and interoperate with the inferior computers of today.
> [Hans N. Beck]  Please, can you explain this statement a little more ? do you mean a single
> window is the future, or what else ?????

No, the idea is to forget about windows, and have something more
general, malleable and powerful. In a word, Objects.
Take a look at
http://webs.sinectis.com.ar/jmvuletich/MorphicTutorial/Morphic.html and
play with morphs. May be you'll also start to think that windows and
controls are obsolete.

Regards,
--
                   Juan Manuel Vuletich