Squeak Books!

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Thu Jan 25 22:20:13 UTC 2001

>Sure -- I started on one at http://guzdial.cc.gatech.edu:8080/personal.138

hmm.. interesting.

I've avoided word since 1995 when I had to do a multi-chapter programming
course with it. I convinced my employer to buy me FrameMaker. When they
asked if I needed training, I said "No" because I was ecstatic they would
even let me use "not-Word."

As soon as I begin thinking of Frame as "Word on style-sheets" with
everything a style sheet, it became a very simple, trusted and reliable
friend (I was up to speed in about a week on my own). I've been using
Frame ever since for newsletters and such and now would pay for a version
with my own money (if it weren't so darned expensive).

P-H editors speak from their experience, but mine is completely the
opposite. The transition from Word to Frame was very smooth.

Jeff  8-)

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering,
   because when it comes you'll know you're dead.
     -- Tennessee Williams