[enh] celestetweaks

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Jan 29 16:35:23 UTC 2001

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> 1. The custom menu button always presents a menu; matching filters are
> listed at the top of the the menu.
That sounds good, but your changeset puts them under the fixed filter
management options. The tiny CS below reorders that to be as advertised,
which I for one would prefer.

> 2. The auto-move button is removed.  Instead, the regular TOC menu will
> give the option of an automove.
These two features you mentioned are not equivalent - note what (still,
with your changes applied) happens when you press alt-m. The automove I
put in automatches the appropriate filter and then *moves all* matchers
to the folder of same name. Of course, whether this is a good thing or
bad is a matter of taste. I'm happy as it is, still having the keyboard
shortcut. If people find that too dangerous an option to have (and it
might be, to have hidden only in keyboard shortcut), I don't
particularly mind having my own customization changeset.

> 3. Huge message lists are not shown, but a menu item is added to
> forcibly show all messages.
This introduces a bit of redundancy with the existing folder list's menu
item "view all messages"... I'd keep any one of them.

> 4. The From Filter is switched to a Participant Filter."!
Hey, cool! It's much more useful this way.