[SqueakAudio] Portable Sound/MIDI API

William J. DeMeo william.demeo at verizon.net
Sat Jan 27 06:57:09 UTC 2001

For what it's worth, I now have midi output working in Squeak on Linux.
The source code is at:

http://spaceegg.dyndns.org/~soundmath/

though this is still pre-alpha, with many bugs and unimplemented
functions.  (On the plus side, I have lots of source code documentation,
thanks to doc++ :)

My code depends on the ALSA library (v 0.5.10 or higher) and implements
most of the stubs found in Ian Piumarta's sqUnixMIDI.c file.  Feel free
to check it out and, if you are very brave, compile it into the VM
following the INSTALL instructions.  And feel free to email me if you
want to discuss the source, or anything else pertaining to Linux midi
support.

I recently started working on porting the Siren midi functions to ALSA
as well.

William DeMeo