Squeak as an NT service

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Jan 26 09:22:11 UTC 2001

> From: Raab, Andreas [mailto:Andreas.Raab at disney.com]
> As I said in my previous post you cannot interact
> (graphically) with Squeak
> when it's running as a service. While this may be
> theoretically possible it
> would also imply that everyone who is logged on could do
> whatever she wants
> with Squeak and that is most certainly not what you want.

The same's true for anything set up that way, but it's still useful on
standalone server in order to start the service as the machine boots.  If
you don't do this, you need to configure auto-login on an NT box, which has
a nasty side-effect of leaving an unencrypted password in a public area of
the registry that can be read remotely.

Just make sure you put the server in a safe place :-).

		- Peter