Celeste poll

Brian Rice water at tscnet.com
Tue Jan 23 00:35:42 UTC 2001

>"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>[poll!]
>
>>  1. How much do you use Celeste?
>It's my exclusive mail client.
>
>>  2. What do you think of showing a maximum of 200 (or whatever) messages
>>  at a time?
>It's a kludge, but -
>A. It's faster than showing 10,000 (even after my image now takes no
>time to update the morph, creating the toc text entries still takes
>time. If anyone knows any good OO patterns for lazy evaluation, I'm game
>to try and refactor this).

See A Functional Pattern System for Object-Oriented Design at
http://www-agce.informatik.uni-kl.de/~kuehne/fps/

The author offers the text in PDF form upon request since he obtained
permission to do it, and he doesn't profit from the book sales (which
I regretted after having spent almost $100 for it.). Great book,
proper pattern documentation, using Eiffel for most examples. You
should find it quite useful.

~