Morphic performance on handhelds

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Mon Jan 15 21:10:30 UTC 2001

Kevin --

Check out the character recognition a little more. Try decoupling the
recognizer from the paragraph editor (where I suspect the time is
actually going). If you look at the algorithm, I think you'll see
that it is essentally instant (the recognition is done via the hash
lookup of a dictionary).

Cheers,

Alan

----