Color Map flashing on Unix VM

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Tue Jan 30 00:15:47 UTC 2001

I'm using OLVWM right now. I'll have to try something else and see what
happens. I think twm comes default, but I can download a bunch of others
and find one that doesnt't grab the mouse that way. Thanks for the hint.

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
>
> > Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> > > What kind of flashing do you experience? It's normal that Squeak installs
> > > its own color map when the mouse enters the window. As long as you do not
> > > move the mouse outside, there should be no flashing.
> >
> > If that were all, I'd understand it. No, this flashing happens on any
> > mouse movement or clicks. I even put squeak into full screen mode and
> > the flashing still occurs on every click.
>
> I can only imagine your window manager takes the focus from Squeak
> everytime you click ... What WM do you use? Could you try another one?
>
> -- Bert

William

--
You better watch out, what you wish for;
It better be worth it, so much to die for.