Professor seeking sabbatical niche

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Tue Jan 2 07:46:26 UTC 2001

I hope that this is not an inappropriate request to place on this
list -- if it is, please flame me privately ;-)

I'm a professor at the Oregon Graduate Institute, and my interest in
Squeak has been growing steadily as I do more and more with it.  But
there is no Squeak "community" here at OGI. I have a sabbatical
coming up next academic year (October 2001 onwards), and I would like
to spend some part of it doing something that deepens my knowledge of
Squeak, and hopefully contributes to the Squeak environment.  Oh--and
is fun!

Most likely, this would be some not-for-profit activity, perhaps one
that draws on my interests in distributed systems, and contributes to
the Squeak source pool; for this I would expect to get at least
partial salary support from my University.   But I would also be
interested in doing some commercial O-O development in Squeak,
particularly as part of an XP team.

See my web page at http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~black for more information about me.
If you might be interested in talking further about my participation
on your project, please contact me (off the list)
mailto:black at cse.ogi.edu

Although October seems like a long way off, I do need to make plans
fairly quickly with the University.  At this point I'm looking for
expressions of interest rather than a firm commitment.

	Andrew