Team development support in Squeak

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Jan 29 12:55:00 UTC 2001

Hi

Joseph Pelrine and some other guys are developing in thecontext
of the squeak stable effort an application model (envy and teamv mixed)
for Squeak.

You may want to contact joseph Pelrine (jpelrine at acm.org say that this is me
that gave you his email) and john Sarkela (one of the main actor in Squeak World
Tour) sarkela at home.com

Stef

> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:39:08 +0100
> From: rob <rob at cosmocows.com>
> Subject: Team development support in Squeak
> To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
>
> Setting up the team development infrastructure in our company we are having
> a discussion about several possible strategies for source code management
> and project management.
> As we are sure many of you face the same problem I would like to ask for
> references, experiences, suggestions.
> Of the possible solutions the following come to mind:
> - Visual Source Safe from Microsoft, or PVCS
>   The advantage would be a defined way of working, a disadvantage would of
> course be the
>   fact that it is file-based and has no awareness of objects.
> - Scan, a tool from Heeg
>   This is a project from Hans-Martin Mosner on http://squeak.heeg.de/
>   How is this tool going with the new Squeak releases? Morphic support?
> - AppMan (is it ported to Squeak?) in the Smalltalk archives
> - any other solutions?

> Rob Vens
> "Cosmocows don't moo, they squeak!"
> http://www.cosmocows.com

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.