newbie. morphic is sluggish on my PC

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 30 09:53:10 UTC 2001

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, MVC in Squeak has always done this, so it's not a new problem.  (I remember up until 2.4 or so, Morphic did it too...)

No.  For a bit over 2 years MVC hasn't hogged CPU in most of its idle
states.  See
Controller>>interActivityPause and its senders.  And on *my* nice slow
machine, with Squeak 2.9a-3193, it in fact works fine -- MVC takes very
low CPU when idle.

It's probably the same bug, a #< where #<= would be appropriate:

				wait < MinActivityLapse  "big waits happen after a snapshot"
					ifTrue: [DisplayScreen checkForNewScreenSize.

What an idiot of a programmer; it's really amazing that this code ever
woked.

-Lex