MacOS-X VM simplified

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Wed Jul 4 12:15:22 UTC 2001

Hi folks,

with the help of some gentle prodding from the community ;-)  I have
managed to build a new release, which should address the ease-of-install
concerns.  The frameworks are now hidden inside the app-wrapper and the
download is now available as a compressed disk image, which most
browsers will mount automagically.

So 'installation' is now as difficult as clicking on the link and then
dragging the application where you want it to go (or even running it
straight from the disk image by double-clicking).  I hope that's easy
enough, because I don't think I can make it much easier ;-)

You can also either move or copy the frameworks from inside the wrapper
to one of the framework-path locations and things will still work, so
everything else still works.

Go get it while supplies last at:

	http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~marcel/Squeak/

 From the README:

- now also shipped as compressed disk image for easy drag-install
- Naming scheme for archives changed:  CocoaSqueak-<Version>.<extension>
- frameworks now hidden inside app wrapper
- quitting directly from Squeak now works again
- display quirks with 32 bit drawing fixed
- VM-side part of Squeak -> Objective-C bridge active again
   Big Thanks to Leigh Smith of tomandandy!

Happy Squeaking,

Marcel