Seeking advice: Version for creating plugins?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Jul 4 17:39:20 UTC 2001

Mark Guzdial wrote:

> What version of Squeak are people using for creating projects that
> will run with the plugin?  Is the plugin more like Squeak 3.0 or more
> like Squeak 3.1alpha?  I asked for "Smalltalk version" in the plugin,
> and it replies "Squeakland-3.1.3905" which makes me think that it's
> 3.1 up to changeset 3905 -- is that about right?  Is it safest to use
> 3.0 or 3.1?

The safest is to use the Squeakland image :-)
Seriously, it's safer to use 3.1.
I'll  put out a new batch of updates for the Squeakland image in the
next couple of days so it will catch up with th 3.1 image again.

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill