ChangeList bug?

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Jul 4 01:53:14 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 05:48:46PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 July 2001 13:41, you wrote:
> > From the main menu I go to  changes | recently logged changes.  This
> > produces a change list sorter.
> >
> > When I selected all and filed in the changes, I got repeated errors at
> > the boundaries, like this:
> > Nothing more expected ->----SNAPSHOT----#(30 June 2001 10:35:55 pm)
> > priorSource: 12882792
> >
> > Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work, or is something
> > broken?
>
> Yes, it seems to do that. If you just want your method changes back, choose
> "remove doIts" from the menu. Or select the SNAPSHOT and STARTUP lines and
> remove them from the browser using the menu choice.
>
> It probably could be considered to be broken.
>
> --
> Ned Konz
> currently: Stanwood, WA
> email:     ned at bike-nomad.com
> homepage:  http://bike-nomad.com

But remove doIts takes out class definitions, doesn't it?

In general, it seems changelists have not got a lot of love and attention:
* Multiple selection in the change list browser requires individual
selection of each element--no range select.  And if you try to slide
the mouse too quickly, you miss items.
* No select all above or below point.
* Eliminate older versions has a conception of what is the same that
is too broad (e.g., as I recall, it removed all doits, even though different
classes were being created).

Is there some other tool or approach I should be trying when I need to
recover my work?

Ideally I won't be needing it :).