ChangeList bug?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 4 16:57:41 UTC 2001

> > Yes, it seems to do that. If you just want your method changes back, choose
> > "remove doIts" from the menu. Or select the SNAPSHOT and STARTUP lines and
> > remove them from the browser using the menu choice.
> >
> > It probably could be considered to be broken.

Yes, this is a nuisance.  I think we could have a special kind of change
for lines beginning with "--", since they can't be legal Smalltalk.

> But remove doIts takes out class definitions, doesn't it?
>
> In general, it seems changelists have not got a lot of love and attention:
> * Multiple selection in the change list browser requires individual
> selection of each element--no range select.  And if you try to slide
> the mouse too quickly, you miss items.
> * No select all above or below point.
> * Eliminate older versions has a conception of what is the same that
> is too broad (e.g., as I recall, it removed all doits, even though different
> classes were being created).

All of these would be very nice.  The first would be an easy tweak to
the multiple selection list view and morph.  The second could easily be
added to ChangeList, though it doesn't seem as important if you have the
first item.  I don't know about the third, but it sounds straightforward
once you've figured out what you are looking for.

> Is there some other tool or approach I should be trying when I need to
> recover my work?

No, this is the tool!

Lex Spoon