Inexplicably re-subscribed to the squeak mailing list

Christian Brunschen cb at df.lth.se
Thu Jul 5 08:46:11 UTC 2001

Hi,

starting a couple of days ago I am suddenly getting mail on the squeak-dev
mailing list, to which I was last subscribed _17 months_ ago. Now Squeak
is all nice and dandy, but I do _not_ enjoy being suddenly subscribed to a
mailing list _without_ actually subscribing to it!

So yesterday, I sent an email to squeak-dev-request asking to be
unsubscribed. Result: 'wrong password'. ARGH! How am I supposed to know
what password I am subscribed with? *I didn't subscribe*! And I certainly
don't recall a password from a-year-and-a-half-ago when I *un*subscribed
from this list.

So, I am sending this to the list, in a flagrant breach of mailing list
etiquette, but I feel justified in doing so as I am _on_ this list
contrary to my wishes in the first place, and asking to be yet again
*unsubscribed* from this list.

Best wishes,

// Christian Brunschen