Good company...

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu Jul 5 16:38:04 UTC 2001

Fergal Daly wrote:

> I was never a subscriber to this list and I find myself on it! I presume
> it's because I was on the announce list. I can't find any mention of an
> announce list on the listinfo page. Are there any plans to create one? Would
> it actually be used?
>
> Fergal

This is indeed the case, it was an unfortunate effect of the problems with
the old listserv (40% of the 2000 entries in the subscription DB were
improper in one way or another). We are handling unsubscribe requests asap
and hope things are settling down by now.

For the very reason you alluded to, we haven't seen any reason to create a
new version of the annc list: the community hasn't been able to find a way
to use it well, this was discussed not long ago. The problem is well
illustrated by the archive of the annc list at uiuc. However, I don't think
SqF would mind setting up a new list if there is a demand for it (and
someone comes up with a way of doing it).

Henrik (for SqF)