Plug-ins and Linux

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 17:45:37 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> I'm not that well into the *nix stuff but here is some hints.
> Lex Spoon wrote:
>
> I've updated my Unix VM patches page.  Most notably there is now a link
> to a "Squeak-lex.tgz" file, which includes the complete build tree I
> personally use.  This should be easier than downloading all the
> individual patches, applying them, generating new interp.c's etc from
> Squeak, and downloading whatever plugins you want--each step is easy but
> it sure adds up!  The file includes Mpeg3Plugin and UnixProcessPlugin.
> It does not include any OpenGL stuff, because I didn't manage to hunt
> that down....
>
> http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak/
>
> and
>
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Lex Spoon wrote:
>
> > It does not include any OpenGL stuff, because I didn't manage to hunt
> > that down....
>
> I posted the first version a while ago:
>
>         http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/1575.html

Thanks Karl

I've now got all of Lex's stuff. Problem is that Linux and Lex's
Makefile don't get on very well! This doesn't seem to have anything to
do with the mpeg stuff......

So I do my normal trick of stuffing everything into one directory and
run:

gcc --shared -o Mpeg3Plugin.so Mpeg3Plugin.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H

and stuff the resulting .so file in my home directory.

Now on popping open any of the MPEG Morphs and trying to get it to work
on an mpeg I get: "error: a primitive has failed". It's as though Squeal
can't recognise the plugin.

Any ideas, folks?

Cheers

John