3-button mouse on Mac OS X

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Jul 8 20:56:31 UTC 2001

I've been considering doing more Squeak development while using OS X,
either the Carbon or Cocoa version.  It seems to work pretty well now,
but there's still one obstacle -- I haven't figured out how to get my
3-button USB mouse to map properly to the option and command keys.

This is more of an OS X problem than a Squeak problem, I guess, but has
anyone gotten this to work?  I used to use the shareware program USB
Overdrive on OS9, which was great for mapping mouse buttons to modifier
keys for different applications.  (Actually, I'd settle for a simple
global mapping now.)  USB Overdrive hasn't been ported to OS X yet,
though.  The mouse I have is a newish Logitech 3-button scroll mouse,
but the Logitech drivers don't seem to be OS X specific yet, either.

Any ideas?

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com