porting 2.7 morph dragging to 3.1

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jul 8 23:52:38 UTC 2001

Thanks to various respondents I have got as far as implementing
#startDrag: and getting a _single_ jump when I try to drag my morphs.

I've been looking at the DoubleClickExample for more info and it seems
to be rather out of date; the class comment
a) refers to #drag: but the class implements #startDrag:
b) claims we get repeats of #drag: until the mouse button goes up, which
seems not to be happening.

I'd rather imagined that with a message #startDrag: I'd see a #stopDrag:
and even a #dragStep: or similar. Can't find anything like that so far.
I've scanned the Swiki for a few hours and found nothing sufficiently up
to date to help (Dave Smith - your drag n drop page seems to have been
partially obsoleted since you wrote it :- ( )
Does anyone have any working code I can steal from, er, I mean base my
research upon?

tim

Strange OpCodes: ESBD: Erase System and Burn Documentation