[OT] Re: Squeak book chapter files on Swiki corrupt

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 9 14:24:42 UTC 2001

Je77 is on his way to a well-deserved vacation in Germany, so I'll
take this one.  We just completed the transition from MacOS to Linux
for all of our servers.  Fetch (FTP client on Mac) and ZipIt (Zip for
Mac) like to do all kinds of helpful, automatic conversions for you,
which screwed up some of the binaries going to the new Linux servers.
Je77 has replaced all those PDF and they're working now.

Mark

>"Jochen F. Rick" wrote:
> >
> > John Hinsley wrote:
> > > you are a hero! Everything's fine now.
> >
> > Hmm. Since I was the one to blame for them being messed up in the first
> > place (unless you want to blame the designers of Fetch), I would say that
> > I am part villain too. That's pretty cool.
>
>Well, I was once called a genius (for demonstrating how a nasty Win 3.1
>groupware client could be forced to serve as a Linux client with Wine)
>and an idiot (for suggesting that the groupware product was a pile of
>junk and should be binned in favour of a PHP on top of MySQL and Apache
>application so that anyone with a web server could access it) in the
>same day. That was pretty wierd, too.
>
>But what actually led to them getting corrupted?
>

>Cheers
>
>John
>
>--

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu