[BUG]NKConnectors demo proj scaling ScrolledCompositeState

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 9 22:13:32 UTC 2001

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> is widely believed to have written:

> On Monday 09 July 2001 13:29, you wrote:
> > I'm taking a look at the conectors (wucking funderful stuff!) but using
> > the NK-ConnectorsDemo.056.pr file from BobsSuperSwiki can lock up my
> > powerBook almost completely. The problem happens if I try to set scaling
> > on the ScrollingCompositeState page. It scales once and leaves the sytem
> > utterly unable to respond to anything but the 'Quit' item in the
> > screentop menubar.
> > 3.1 update 4173 image. powerBook with apparrently V3.0alpha5MT VM.
> > Whatever that might mean.
>
> Scaling eats _lots_ of memory. Make sure that you've got plenty. Or just
> don't scale very fast. I try to force incremental GC's in between, but you
> can create a lot of big garbage (bitmaps) very fast.

Hmm, then that implies a more systemic problem exists, at least on Mac.
It should be possible to interrupt reliably; that is after all the
purpose of the interupt! I feel like I've noticed a marked lack of
responsiveness to the interupt over recent images - do others have the
same feeling?

tim

"Bother," said Pooh, as Eeyore shot him with a rocket-launcher.