WindowFrame design

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Jul 11 08:31:22 UTC 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Jim Benson wrote:

> Here is a discussion of some of the design elements that I am doing for
> window frames:
>
> http://people.we.mediaone.net/trade/WindowFrames.htm

Sounds very good to me. In fact, this is very much what I had in mind when
I started the "Fur for Squeak" theming stuff, the only usable outcome of
which was the EdgeImageMorph. I'm very glad someone works on this now.

One improvement for certain themes (like the Borg look) would be to resize
the edges by repeating (tiling, or whatever it's called) instead of
stretching. Something like the InfiniteForm drawing...

And for the Luna look, recoloring the frame based on the window background
color might look nice.

-- Bert