Squeakland plugin for Linux.

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Jul 11 16:24:10 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
>
> > It's my opinion that the Bert Freudenberg Browser plugin goes
> > sufficiently well
> > that it could be loaded via the url:-
> >
> > http://www.squeakland.org/plugin/supported.html?/plugin/launch.html
> >
> > I wonder what the reason is that the table row for Linux is empty?

Me not getting around to it ;-\

> I find it even more disturbing that the detector script still takes me to
> the Mac page. It looks like there are *only* downloads for Mac. Chris, how
> did you manage to find that URL?
>
> And Michael, my browser string is " Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2smp
> i686; en-US; rv:0.9.1) Gecko/20010622 " which should translate to
> "Netscape 6.x on Linux" in your table. The linux plugin still only works
> in Netscape 4.x, though (not sure about 4.0x).

Thanks for the browser string! I'm currently testing the new detection
mechanism and then I will also make the Linux plugin available on
Squeakland.
Any day now :-)
Sorry for the delay...

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill