Squeakland plugin for Linux.

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jul 12 08:16:58 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Christopher Sawtell wrote:

> A tiny improvement might be for the display of the jpeg images to
> display some of the intermediate stages of the progression. Here I wee
> the first cut with the pixel being about 1 or 2mm, and then after a
> fairly long pause, while the images d/l, the final image suddenly
> appears in it's full glory. One tends to wonder if something is broken
> during the pause.

That's actually not platform dependend. And these are no JPEGs. A
Squeaklet contains only thumbnails for the huge images, which are scaled
to full size and thus look blurry. Once this is downloaded, you can
already interact, while in the background, the full-resolution images are
fetched. These full-res images are not progressively encoded so you do
not get a visual feedback about the download progress. Might be a little
project for you ;-)

-- Bert